The Choir and Orchestra present “He Is Risen: A Sacred Easter Presentation”
The Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square, the Bells on Temple Square, and the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble will present “He Is Risen: A Sacred Easter Presentation.” Here are three ways you can participate:
- Attend the concert on Temple Square on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. Easter concert tickets in the Tabernacle have all been distributed. Limited tickets in the Legacy Theater and Conference Center Theater are still available.
- Watch the live stream on Saturday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. The stream will be available in English on Saturday, April 20 from the ChurchOfJesusChrist.org website, Choir’s website thetabernaclechoir.org; the Choir's YouTube channel; and on the Choir’s Facebook page. The concert will also be posted on YouTube for later viewing.
- Watch on BYUtv on Easter Sunday, April 21 at 6:00 p.m. BYUtv is available on cable systems including Dish and DirecTV, over the air in Utah, and via the internet at byutv.org.
Tickets for the concerts will be available on Tuesday, March 26, at 9:00 a.m. at ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events or by calling 801-570-0080 (locally) or toll-free 1-866-637-8457.
Tickets will be available for three locations on Temple Square:
- Salt Lake Tabernacle (Live concert)
- Joseph Smith Building Legacy Theater (Premium Simulcast)
- Conference Center Theater (Closed Circuit Simulcast)
Admission is open to those eight-years and older. Tickets for the concerts are free and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Each patron may request up to four tickets. Patrons without tickets are encouraged to join the standby line by the flagpole on Temple Square for last-minute seating which is often available.
Visit the LDS.org parking website for parking information.
Next Year: 2020 Easter Concert will be Handel’s Messiah
Continuing their tradition, The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square will perform Messiah on April 10–11, 2020. Every two years since 2014, the Choir and Orchestra have performed Handel’s Messiah at Easter time in the Salt Lake Tabernacle and live streamed the concert over the internet to audiences around the world.